Saturday, December 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home!


Alright, so I know I've now been living in Montreal for about three and a half months and still have not shown anyone any pictures of our new abode. This is mostly due to the fact that I wanted each room to look complete before showing it to the world, and most of our finishing touches (ie: pictures and various knick knacks) have been forlornly sitting on our dining room table waiting for a home. As we haven't had all that many guests over for dinner (not having any dining room chairs), it seemed like a perfectly sensible spot to leave them. However, we have recently received a dinner guest and hosted an early Christmas party, and I thought it might be a good idea to make the house look a little more presentable.

So! Being the very handy woman that I am, I hung our pictures crookedly and then asked my husband to finish the job (don't judge me) and otherwise tied up all the loose household ends, finally bringing our home into a state fit to be seen by outsiders.



Kitchen

We painted it a nice bright yellow! I always feel so cheerful when I have breakfast in this room in the morning.

Before:                                                                               After:




Bedroom

I don't have a proper before picture of this room, but believe me when I say it looks SO much better now!! We painted it this beautiful blue to match our bedspread (which arrived about a week and a half after we did.)




Dining Room

This room still looks rather barren...as you can see, no dining room chairs. When we had our guest over we just moved the mismatched chairs in from the kitchen and the office.

Before:                                                                          After:












Study/Guest Room

Before: 

 After:

Bookshelf courtesy of Ikea. It's enormous! We actually managed to fit all of our books on there (though without much room for expansion). We experimented with putting it against the other wall, but the floors are so wonky that it wouldn't stand up straight.


















Office

Before: 

Note the strange little windows that look down onto our staircase and who knows where, respectively.


After:



















Living Room

Again, no proper 'before' shot. We haven't done a whole lot to this room other than put up some pictures and rearrange a bit of furniture, but I've found that a little bit can make a big difference in making a room feel homey.


There you have it, the dime tour of Ross central. I might add that we are still trying to decide on a name for this house, so if any of you have inspired/inspiring ideas, shout them out!

I look forward to the day when you, dear friends, will be able to see this thing of beauty in person.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the gigantic bookcase! Super cool. Maybe Shaun will buy some more books now... Looking forward to seeing it in person too!
    Jessi S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Proudly, I was the first to see your place! Thanks for letting me share that experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Chateau Gateau (since you are such a busy little baker these days....and it is French)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has a nice ring to it...Thanks, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete