Saturday, April 23, 2016

Me Again


Needless to say, it's been a while. I guess moving from Montreal to Vancouver, living in my in-laws' basement, having a baby, dealing with emotional turmoil and family crisis, moving to our own place, finally unpacking after a year and a half of storing our lives in my parents' basement and watching my baby grow up into a whirlwind of a toddler has taken up a huge portion of my life that hasn't really left any time for creative expression. Or personal reflection. Or baking.

Someone suggested to me the other day that I should start writing again, and I decided that might be a good idea. At least, it couldn't do any harm, right?

So, here I am. I'm not really sure what I'm going to write about, since most of my culinary adventures have turned into futile efforts to keep my almost two year old from alternately flinging flour across the room and sticking her nose (literally) into the bowl of whatever batter I'm mixing. So we'll see how that pans out. With any luck, I can turn this into a place to take note of things that I love and am thankful for - like the beautiful nature walk (above) that I took with my husband and baby in the spring sunshine, or dripping popsicles made with orange juice and mint simple syrup. Maybe once in a while I'll say something intelligent about current events or theology or the latest episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine...but then again, maybe not. I'll just have to see where my path takes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment